Thursday, February 03, 2011

WEDDING ANNIVERSARY - a story to ponder

GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY

A couple were celebrating 50 years together. Their three kids, all very successful, agreed to a Sunday dinner in their honor.


"Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad," gushed son number one ....... 'Sorry I'm running late. I had an emergency at the hospital with a patient, you know how it is, and I didn't have time to get you a gift."

"Not to worry," said the father. "The important thing is that we're all together today."

Son number two arrived and announced, "You and Mom look great, Dad. I just flew in from Los Angeles between depositions and didn't have time to shop for you."

"It's nothing," said the father. "We're glad you were able to come."

Just then the daughter arrived. "Hello and happy anniversary! I'm sorry, but my boss is sending me out of town and I was really busy packing so I didn't have time to get you anything."

After they had finished dessert, the father said, "There's something your mother and I have wanted to tell you for a long time. You see, we were very poor. Despite this, we were able to send each of you to college. Throughout the years your mother and I knew that we loved each other very much, but we just never found the time to get married."

The three children gasped and all said, "You mean we're bastards?"

"Yep," said the father. "And cheap ones too."


Comment

A nice story to ponder on what type of children are we to our parents.

Isn't it a fact that we will always find the time for someone if we value him/her?.Do we treasure our parents?If so how much?

Let's treasure our parents,them some time and be there with them when they need us most.


Many will flock to us when we are are in a position to give but none when we are down and out. But our parents they are the only ones who will be there with us and for us we are good or bad,up or down till their last breaths.

No comments:

CNY - Year of the dragon

Happy Chinese New Year to all, in particular the Chinese members of our bigger Malaysian family.May this Year of the Dragon bring peace &...