Friday, August 05, 2011

Being passionately generous

Be a generous giver while you are still living

Be passionately generous is what matters

A rich man who once asked his priest, "Why does everybody call me stingy when everyone knows that when I die I will leave everything I have to this temple?"


The priest narrated a simple story of the pig and cow.

There once was a pig and a cow. The pig was unpopular and the cow was loved by all in the village. This puzzled the pig.

The pig said to the cow, 'People speak warmly of your good nature and your helpful attitude. They think you are very generous because each day you give them milk, butter and cheese.But how about me? I give them everything I have. I give them the famous sausages, bacon and ham i.e. my entire body. Yet no one likes me. Why is that?'

The cow said, 'Perhaps it is because I give while I am still living.'"


This story is a simple illustration of two important things in life

1.LOVE PASSIONATELY

2.GIVE GENEROUSLY

To be generous alone is not enough as many rich people do it but to do it passionately is more important which only a few can do it.You can only be passionately generous when your are still alive.To share the little we have is far greater than to give a little from the abundance we have been blessed.

It is not how much you give that matters but how you give that really does.

No comments:

CNY - Year of the dragon

Happy Chinese New Year to all, in particular the Chinese members of our bigger Malaysian family.May this Year of the Dragon bring peace &...